Maintaining a delicate acid-alkaline balance is essential for your health. Everything from healthy cells to cancer cells is affected by potential hydrogen (pH). Proper pH varies throughout your body but as with most health-related barometers, balance is everything. The health of our skin is no exception.
Some of us spend a considerable amount on skincare products with high claims and unsatisfactory results. Others of us, see results, but not for long term. The best way to heal your skin is from the inside out. This means what we put into our bodies affects our skin even more than what we put on it.
If you have poor skin, the cause is likely due to problems with digestion and detoxification. Boost your skin elasticity and slow the aging-process with fruit vinegar. To help you get started, let’s take a look at the healing properties of fruit vinegar.
5 Beauty Tips of Drinking Fruit Vinegar
It Fights Bacteria and Fungus – Fruit vinegar has antimicrobial, antifungal and antiseptic properties that prevent and eradicate strands of bacteria that can cause acne. Drinking fruit vinegar nourishes your gut and flushes out toxins, helping to fight breakouts. Let’s take a look at the relationship.
Your gut and skin health are strongly connected. Poor nutrition and an imbalanced microbiota can lead to acne. For example, a diet high in processed carbs and low in nutrients increases harmful bacteria and reduces good bacteria in your gut. This imbalance leads to inflammation on your skin and increases the risk of acne.
A poor digestion can also make you break out. Sub-optimal digestion prevents your body from eliminating toxins properly, forcing it to eliminate them through other systems, such as you skin. To balance this out, fruit vinegar can:
- Increase your stomach acid, which improves your digestion and increases the absorption of nutrients from your food. Stomach acid helps your body breakdown food properly.
- Reduce the harmful bacteria in your gut, thanks to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Gently cleanse your liver and flush out toxins.
It Has Potent Antioxidants – Fruit vinegar is high in polyphenols (beneficial plant compounds), such as gallic acid, catechin, epicatechin, cholorogenic acid, and caffeic acid that protect your skin from oxidative stress that causes early aging. Each of these have its own unique properties in skin health.
- Gallic acid decreases dryness and wrinkles and lightens the skin.
- Catechins and epicatechins prevent free radical damage.
- Chlorogenic acid protects your skin cells from UVB damage.
- Caffeic acid reduces inflammation, prevents skin carcinogenesis and may support wound healing.
It is a Natural Source of Potassium and Enzymes – Fruit vinegar is a naturally high source of potassium and enzymes. Potassium, in particular, is important for building youthful, healthy tissues. Many people who have potassium deficiency are more likely to have dark circles under the eyes, chronic fatigue, high blood pressure, arterial and heart problems, arthritis, kidney stones, and Crohn’s disease. Signs of potassium deficiency include fatigue, achy bones and muscles, tired eyes, itchy eyes, lack of mental alertness, and dry scalp and brittle hair.
It Balances the PH Levels of Your Skin – Fruit vinegar has a pH similar to your skin, between 4.25 and 5. This means it will preserve your skin’s pH and won’t disturb the acid mantle. This mantle protects your skin from bacteria and outside pathogens and makes it less vulnerable to environmental damage (smog, sun and wind). It also keeps your skin moisturized, balances the natural oils of your skin and inhibits the growth of foreign bacteria and fungi. It is imperative to balance your skin’s pH in order to maintain healthy skin.
It is Rich in Acids Beneficial for Your Skin – Fruit vinegar is a great source of organic acids such as acetic, lactic, ascorbic, citric, malic, propionic, succinic, and tartaric acid, which help kill bacteria and nourish your skin.
- Acetic acid is highly antibacterial and it’s the main ingredient found in vinegar.
- Lactic acid also helps to increase the firmness and thickness of the skin and reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Ascorbic acid, also known as vitamin C, increases collagen production, increases hydration, prevents wrinkles and reverses UVB damage. It also has anti-inflammatory effects and reduces discoloration.
- Citric and malic acid have anti-aging effects.
Created to delight your taste buds, Young Scent fruit vinegars are bursting with real fruit and flavor varieties. Tickle your palate and rejuvenate your skin from the inside out with a taste of Young Scent’s fruit vinegar selection.